A packager helps ensure that manufactured items are ready for shipment by placing them into containers, sealing and labeling the items, and preparing the item for transport. Another common name for this position is product packager.
Packagers are responsible for cleaning packaging materials, loading items into containers, and weighing and labeling the items appropriately. They also perform final checks for defective items, ensure all working items make it to the loading area or inventory, and keep detailed records of materials and shipments.
As one of the final checkpoints between buyer and manufacturer, packagers perform several important functions. They must ensure that all items are in proper working order. Any defective items must be discarded according to company procedures
|Hiring Organization||Pertemps Birmingham|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 15 To GBP 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Birmingham, England, United Kingdom B15 3EZ|
Our journey was started in a small office above a dress shop in Birmingham, by founder Constance Watts. From humble beginnings, our expertise and performance grew and so did our branch network, enabling us to diversify and adapt, providing recruitment services across a variety of sectors. To this day, the strong family values of the Watts family live on, as we continue to recruit and promote a socially responsible culture while supporting our local communities.
Founder Constance Watts opens a small office above a dress shop on Temple Street, Birmingham. She specializes, at first, in secretarial recruitment and takes on a single employee to assist her, concentrating on managing the work lives of a mere 15 (female) candidates. Constance’s son, Tim Watts, joins the business by opening a second office in Wolverhampton.
Technical Network, the first network group company opens its doors, specializing in manufacturing and engineering Won by Carmen Watson, Chair of Pertemps Network Group, Pertemps receives its first fully outsourced contract with Mercury Communications, which requires the filing of no fewer than 360 vacancies – a very tall order considering the corporate team has no office, no phone-lines, no staff, and no resources – with only four days until the project begins.
- Pack, weigh, and label completed items for shipment or storage.
- Follow all company guidelines regarding packaging.
- Identify and dispose of defective items.
- Properly use packaging materials, including hand tools, glues, nails, padding, etc.
- Keep complete records of all materials that go through the warehouse.
- Maintain a clean work area.
Skills And Requirements
- Experience in manufacturing or related field is preferred.
- Basic shop skills, such as using hand tools.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong communication skills and desire to work with other team members.
- Insurance Plans. Insurance benefit plans are great ways to show your employees that you care about them.
- Disability Insurance.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Corporate Discounts.
- Paid Vacation.
- Retirement Plans.
- Paid Sick Leaves.
- Performance Bonus.
Our Jobs Database:
|Govt Jobs||502||Read More|
|Part-Time Jobs||697||Read More|
|Work from Home||369||Read More|
|Education Wise Jobs||861||Read More|
|Jobs by Country||578||Read More|
|International Jobs||684||Read More|
- We do not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.