Executive Chef Jobs in Canada, You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global food service and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps, military installations, and more.
We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites, and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Hiring Organization – Compass Group
Post Name – Executive Chef
Qualification – Bachelor’s Degree
Industry – Private
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours – 8 Hours
Salary – CAD 40 To CAD 45 Per Hour
Location – Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4B 1B3
Why work with Restaurant Associates?
joining a team that’s at the top of its game. Come to work at Restaurant Associates and learn from the pros how to serve thousands of visitors in some of the world’s best venues.
Because of what we do, more than 30,000 guests enjoy an unforgettable experience every day. Learn. Grow. Serve. It’s a winning combination. Join us.
Directs, coordinates, and evaluates assigned kitchen, food production, and food-service associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise hourly kitchen associates, including interviewing, scheduling, payroll, training, counseling, participating in reviews, and recommending disciplinary action.
- Efficiently prepare high-quality food items according to standardized recipes to meet production, delivery, and service schedules.
- Help select and develop recipes and menus.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating meal preparation and service to ensure established standards are maintained for both quality and quantity of all meals and snacks.
- Maintain appropriate budgetary and cost controls and provide operational reports to the District Manager as required.
- Receive and inspect products and supplies for quality and quantity to ensure appropriate inventory.
- Ensure proper presentation, food quality, portion control, and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Develop and implement a cleaning schedule for the food services department, including the maintenance and cleaning of kitchen equipment, and general cleaning of the dining room and kitchen.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Executive Chefs? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Red Seal certification or equivalent culinary training/certifications.
- Experience working in Quick Service Restaurants (QSR).
- FoodSafe Level 1 & 2 Certifications.
- Minimum of two years of management experience in fine dining and or independent retirement residence.
- Creative ability to apply trendy food items and presentations to operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, paying attention to accuracy and detail.
- Capable of performing administrative duties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require accommodation, to apply.